Monday, January 7, 2013

Nursery Projects

I am sooooooooooo excited!! I have been looking at nursery furniture and designing this baby's room in my head for the last 10 weeks and things are finally starting to come together.  The crib I've had my eye on is a Jenny Lind piece that you're able to buy new but has a little bit of that dated look to it.  After searching for dressers on craiglist it crossed my mind to see what was out there as far as cribs go and by sheer luck someone is selling the exact crib I want just miles away.  Hoping I'm not jinxing myself by posting about it early but we're going tomorrow to just make sure it's in okay shape and pay for/pick it up.

  
Also had an idea in mind for the kind of dresser/changing table I wanted to put in the room and have been browsing all outlets I could think of to find just the right thing.  I kept seeing an identical dresser to this one being posted and the price on it finally dropped but someone beat me to it.  Was pretty bummed and started to research and see what my other options are or if I could wait another month to see what else might get posted.  I ended up looking at another dresser on craiglist, which had a link to the guy's facebook page with the rest of the furniture he's got for sale and there's the same dresser and in much better shape (so also a little more, but no drawers or anything to repair!).
 

The plan for both is to refinish them.  I'll be painting them to bring some fun color into the room.  Right now thinking a darker aqua/teal on the dresser with bright or mustard yellow on the hardware and a dark peach/coral for the crib.  Definitely have some sanding to do the next week or two.  Will possibly have to enlist some help to paint if it gets too smelly.  

Yay for first major baby purchases and getting a great deal on both!!

No comments:

Post a Comment