Monday, February 18, 2013

Nursery Projects to Sew

6 more weeks to go until Baby Dennis arrives!  5 weeks to go until we're into the house!  I've got everything in my head for how I'd like to set up the nursery and it's killing me that I can't be setting everything up.  But at the same time, if we were in the house, I'd have everything done already and just sitting around driving myself crazy waiting.  Today I'm working on some things that to add to the boxes of ready to move baby items.
  
************************************
 Crib Sheets


     

Looking at the options for crib sheets most are around $10 for one fitted sheet.  And they are not my style or very plain.  So I hit up Joann's for fabric to make my own and followed a tutorial from Dana Made It.  Each sheet requires 2 yards of fabric.  The stuff I got was around $6/yd but on sale was $4/yd, so it's even less to make them than buy them.  Plus there's a little bit of extra fabric left over to use for other projects.

************************************
 
Curtains
 

This is what I bought to make curtains with.  Bought enough to make crib bumpers for later on too.
 
 ************************************
Room Decor
 

The extra fabric from all my bigger projects is getting used to fill embroidery hoops that I painted dark grey and to make a bird mobile like this one.  Haven't picked them out yet, but also going to hang up some prints by Charley Harper.
 
 ************************************
Play Blanket

  

  
Even though the carpet is pretty cushy, I'm working on a nice extra padded blanket to throw down on the floor to let her play (and spit up) on.

No comments:

Post a Comment